"Consciously we teach what we know, unconsciously we teach who we are." Hamachek, 1999

quarta-feira, 16 de setembro de 2015

Development Work II - A big surprise



Title: Collaborative Methods
Institution: Federal University of Triângulo Mineiro (UFTM)
City: Iturama - MG
Distance from Confresa-MT: 1314 Km
Audience: Professors from Federal University of Triângulo Mineiro, Directors and Pedagogical Coordinators from the Municipal schools of Iturama, Students of the Chemistry and Biology Teachers (Teacher Training)
Audience number: 111 people.
Duration: 3 hours
Method: Gallery Walk


Why "A big surprise"? I was invited to talk about the experience in Finland by my friend Professor Lucas Ferreira de Paula and i thought that I would talk only with some students and professors of UFTM, but the coordinator of education of this University invited all of the directors and Pedagogical coordinators of the municipal schools in Iturama.
So when I arrived to talk there was more the a hundred people and I had prepared to do the Galley Walk method with them.
At the beginning we talked about education in Finland and it was very good because we discussed about it during the whole time.
The gallery walk was about the Problems and solutions for the environmental problems in Brazil and they liked so much to do this activity.
The questions of the audience were very nice and the main question was about the salary of the teachers in Finland and the students' behaviour, because in Brazil we have many problems concerning this behaviour.
I consider that the big surprise actually was a good surprise and I think that everyone should know how is education in Finland, that's why I'm travelling a lot to share what I've learned.



Um comentário: