"Consciously we teach what we know, unconsciously we teach who we are." Hamachek, 1999

quarta-feira, 16 de setembro de 2015

Development Work I - Restlessly



Title: Student-Centered Learning Methods
Institution: University of São Paulo (USP)
City: São Carlos - SP
Distance from Confresa-MT: 1667 Km
Audience: Professors from University of São Paulo, Teachers from the state schools and PhD students.
Audience number: 36 people.
Duration: 2 hours
Method: OPERA


Well, today I decided to spend some time and write about some actions that I have been doing related to my Development Work.
I arrived in Brazil on the 4th of July and on the 6th of July I've started my Development Work by sharing some information about Education in Finland and some methodologies.
It was a seminar in São Carlos, state of São Paulo where I could talk a little about Student-Centered Learning Methods.
We have discussed a little about the education in Finland and in Brazil and then we discussed about the skills and competences that a professional of chemistry must have to solve the problems of the 21st century.
The audience asked a lot about the Student-Centered Methods and some of them already knew those because the Medicine course in the Federal University of São Carlos uses the Problem-based learning approach, but many of the students don't like it so much because they think that this approach don't give them a good direction.
It was a very good moment of discussions and knowledge construction.



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário