"Consciously we teach what we know, unconsciously we teach who we are." Hamachek, 1999

domingo, 5 de abril de 2015

Study Plan

Study Plan - Teachers for the Future
Bruno Pereira Garcês

My goals
A complete description of my goals with this program.

To know more about the Finnish Educational System. 
How did they become an example of education for the World? What policies do Finland have to improve their education? What do teachers have to do to make Finland stay in the top? What other external factors improve the education in Finland?

To learn different methods and approaches.
What are the methods used in Finland? What are the Student-centered Learning methods? What is Problem-based Learning and Project-based Learning? How can I apply these methods? 

To improve my view of applied research.
What is applied research in Finland? What is the difference between Brazil and Finland? How do the Universities of Applied Sciences make applied research? How is the integration between University and Companies? What is the difference between Applied Research and Academic Research in Finland? How the students get in touch with the applied research?

To learn more about education and pedagogy.
What does learning mean? What does teaching mean? What are the Learning Theories? How can I prepare my lessons according to the learning theories? How can I improve my lessons?

To learn more about curricula development.
How are the curricula organization in TAMK and other Universities of Applied Sciences in Finland? How can I develop a curricula in order to increase the students motivation and decrease the drop-out rates? What are the differences between the curricula in Finland and in Brazil? How the Applied Research is included in the curricula?

To find partners.
Partners to discuss about education. Partners to do applied research in nanotechnology. Partners to come to Brazil to give lectures, workshops, courses.

My participation in the project
What projects can I participate?

Environmental Engineering Projects
I'd like to talk with teacher Mika Nieminen about the possibility to join some Environmental Engineering projects, to help with chemical or biochemical issues.

Gamification
I've already worked with board games in education. I'd like to talk with someone who wants to develop board games to use in education. Maybe TAOKK can be a good contact.

Nanotechnology
I will try to find someone in Tampere University or Tampere University of Technology to collaborate in Drug Delivery Systems. Maybe introduce a new way to encapsulate molecules in nanovesicles.

Others
Any project that I would be able to help. I'm still looking for new collaborations.

The development work in a small group
What 2 chemistries, a electrical engineer and a physiotherapist can do together?
Big journey (Bruno, Francisco, Kelly and Renato)

Discussion
I intend to discuss a lot of methods, approaches, tools and educational subjects with my work group. Together we can do more, we can spread more, we can think more, we can improve more, we can change more and we can provide "big journeys" to our students. 
The main goal within the small group is to make the difference when we go back to Brazil.

My personal development work
What will I do when I go back to Brazil?

In my lessons
I intend to apply the new methods, approaches and tools in my lessons in order to change my way of teaching to a student-centered way.

In my Campus
With support of the Educational Department and the Extension Coordination I will spread the knowledge acquired/developed/learned using short-courses and workshops to the teachers and students of the teaching training in Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
I'll try to invite my colleagues to re-discuss our curricula in order to make them more student-centered and able to the applied research.

In my Institute
I've already get in touch with some management people in the Institute to visit all Campuses to spread the knowledge.
The Federal Institute of Mato Grosso promotes annually the Workshop of Education, Research and Extension. I will submit a proposal of a short-course in this Workshop about the student-centered methods.

In Brazil
I will submit articles and papers to some journals and conferences in order to spread even more the knowledge.
I will keep my learning journal public to everyone who want to read, and there I will publish my experiences in Brazil trying to apply the methods.

Visits
Where do I want to go to know more about education?

Tampere University of Applied Sciences;
        - Main Campus;
        - Mediapolis;
        - Music Academy;
        - Proacademy.
Tampere University of Technology;
Tampere University;
DEMOLA
Tallinn University of Technology;
VI EDUCON;
Mektory;
Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences;
Hämeenlinna University of Applied Sciences;
Tredu;
Leinolan School;
Vatiala School;
Turun Feeniks-koulu (Turku);
Others...

Um comentário: